I have been using Patchouli Essential Oil for many years now and it is such an amazing oil. It can be used in a variety of ways. Patchouli is from the Lamiaceae family, which is also known as the deadnettle or mint family. Patchouli is derived from an aromatic herb commonly found in India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, New Guinea, and the Philippines.
I am currently using Goloka Patchouli Essential Oil from India. There were a few bottles of essential oils on sale on my eBay store, but they are now all sold out. However, I will be stocking up on more bottles soon and there are other essential oils still available for sale here if you are interested.
Product Review: Goloka Patchouli Essential Oil
Here are some quick facts about the Patchouli Essential Oil –
- The fragrance is woody, earthly, and quite strong. It is commonly used in perfumes and cosmetics.
- It has a thick texture. You will find the texture quite thicker than most essential oils.
- This essential oil helps can be used as an insecticide, antifungal, or antibacterial agent.
- It helps relieve the symptoms of piles (hemorrhoids), depression, dermatitis, acne, dry/cracked skin, skin rashes, colds, headaches, and stomach upset.
- I love the scent. A quick sniff relaxes me immediately and the amazing fragrance fills the room when I put some drops of it into my diffuser.
- It is a great essential oil for healing piles (hemorrhoids). A drop of it mixed with a carrier oil is all you need to start reaping the healing benefits.
- The earthly features of this essential oil will help you stay grounded and rooted. This is why it is great for relieving symptoms of depression.
- If you like creating your own fragrances, this is definitely an oil you would want in the mix.
- It is suitable for vegans and has not been tested on animals.
- Do not use patchouli oil if you have recently had or will undergo an operation, taking blood thinners, or have a bleeding disorder.
How to Use Patchouli Essential Oil
Like every other essential oil, Patchouli is quite concentrated, so a little goes a long way. You would only need a few drops most of the time. Essential Oils should always be diluted with a carrier oil before skin application. Great carrier oils are grapeseed, coconut, jojoba, and avocado oils.
A great guide is 10ml of carrier oil and 5 drops of your essential oil mixed together. Always remember to shake really to blend the mixture before use.
Items you need
Diffuser. Empty 10ml Bottles
You can shop the range of essential oils on my eBay store.