Wherever you go, people tell you that if you look good, you feel good. They tell you to dress for what you want, not how you feel – so if you feel like you’re depressed on the inside, wear the brightest colours possible to feel better about it. To an extent, those pieces of advice are correct, even if you don’t believe in them!
Many women in the world today have little to no confidence in their own fashion abilities. The thing is, when they choose certain things in their wardrobe, it doesn’t matter – they own it, anyway. Fashion plays a role in the way that we think, and if you didn’t know that before, you do now! You can shop now by colour and start wearing the outfits that make you feel fantastic. Or, you could learn a little bit about HOW your clothes are influencing you and own it from there. Let’s look at five ways your behaviour and thinking is ruled by your outfit choices of the day.
Five Ways Your Clothes Are Influencing You
- A sharp suit in the boardroom offers power and influence, and because you know that people will see you as influential, you act in that way, too. If you associate high heels with looking sleek and tall, you’ll act like a tall person would (confident and willowy!). It’s like slipping into a costume for the stage: you’d act like a dinosaur if you were dressed like one!
- There is a good reason that employers like their staff to wear powerful suits. It associates with positive work and sophistication, which is what you will reflect about their brand. A tailored dress can offer more to those looking at you than a pair of jeans and a cami top can!
- Clothing has the power to boost your mood. You don’t need to rely on shopping to cheer up, of course, but you can feel the difference in yourself straight away when you slip into an outfit that makes you feel confident.
- What you wear to the gym can make your workouts more effective. You will work out better when you feel confident in what you wear. If you dress like a fitness industry pro, you’re going to act like one, which makes your workouts more effective, too!
- Whether you want to know or not, your clothing is a confidence booster! What you wear makes you feel great about yourself, which boosts your confidence in ways you may not have imagined. Whenever you have felt confident in life, think about what you were wearing at the time. It’s likely that every time you rock that outfit, you will feel great about it. It’s why it’s called a “lucky” outfit!
Your clothes will influence how you feel about yourself, the world around you and how you feel on the inside. Don’t be afraid to buy the clothing that really makes you feel happy – it will reflect in your mood and in the way you treat others, too. It’s important to feel secure and confident, no matter what.