Last week, I wrote about The Ballerina Woman so today is all about the curves. The hourglass, curvy shape dominated the 1950s thanks to the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield. This shape is still very much in vogue today, thanks to the likes of Kim Kardashian, Salma Hayek, Kelly Brook, Scarlett Johansson and many others, rocking this very sexy shape.
An Hourglass Woman has a star shape that is defined by matching measurements for the bust and hips, and a small waist in between, usually 10 inches smaller! This shape is the most feminine shape of all and if you are blessed with this volumptious figure, you should dress it smartly with the right pieces and not try to hide it. The hourglass shape is almost too sexy with full hips, bust, thighs and a tiny waist, but like every other shape, there are Dos and Donts; here they are:
- Accessorise your outfit with a waist belt for definition. Show off your assets.
- Go for low-cut necklines to show off your cleavage.
- Big prom dresses, stilettos, petticoats are must-haves.
- Go for pencil skirts, dresses, rompers and jumpsuits to show off your fabulous proportions and tiny waist.
- When buying pieces, go for sheer, soft, clingy fabrics to show off your curves.
- Avoid minis, you will look trashy.
- Avoid baggy/saggy clothes, they hide your curves, you need to show them off.
- Avoid buying pieces designed with stiff, bulky fabrics as they tend to hide the curves.
- Avoid pieces with high necklines like turtlenecks as they draw attention away from your most important asset – the waist.
- Avoid going overboard with the accessoires, let the attention be on the shape, keep everything else simple.
I hope my well endowed women find this post useful. I also hope you have learnt a thing or two from it. Keep the curves alive, show off your most envied assets. Thanks for reading and do leave me a comment.