Beauty products exist to help correct nature’s imperfections. They enhance our God-given features when used correctly. To make the most of your make-up/beauty products, you need to know your face shape, its proportions and features. To determine your face shape and proportions, sweep your hair back from your face and look straight into the mirror. You can take a lip or eye pencil and draw around your reflection on a mirror to help determine your face shape.
A square face has the cheekbones, forehead and jaw in line with each other. A square face has a very pronounced jaw and the width and length of the face will be approximately the same. With a square face, the aim is to soften the jaw line and highlight the cheekbone by using corrective make-up and hairstyle technique. Try the following tricks:
- To create the illusion of an oval-shaped face, use a slightly darker shade of foundation along the jaw line.
- Apply iridescent highlighter along the top of the cheekbones to give the cheeks definition.
- Avoid heavy square fringes and straight bobs that finish at the jaw line.
- Go for hairstyles that have volume and width.
- Go for glasses that are oval-shaped.
- Avoid very square or rectangular shaped frames.
- Remember to smile.