picture source: scout.org
Today is International Peace Day, also known as World Peace Day. Every year, on this day, 21 September, peace is observed worldwide. It is a day of global ceasefire and non-violence, and the theme of this year’s commemoration is “Partnerships for Peace – Dignity for All”. Now, anyone who knows me in real life knows how much I worry, I don’t think anyone looks forward to hearing more about the global issues we are all currently facing worldwide, it is just too depressing at the moment.
When I think of World Peace, I think of how I can raise awareness by being an instrument of peace. We all cannot deal with the political unrests everywhere in the world but If we all maintain peace with ourselves, family and friends, we will make a difference. Brain Tracy once said “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.”, this is my motto going forward.
Here are some ways I will be finding finding inner peace and peace with others:
- I will remember to apologise. It saves the stress of an argument and helps keep the peace.
- I will replace every negative thought with a positive one and avoid negative people like a plaque. Negativity is non productive and so unnecessary.
- I will remember to let things go, and maintain detachments when faced with anger, criticism, people’s judgements and frustrations, and other negative behaviours.
- I will try not to react to every bad situation. I don’t have to show up to every argument.
- I will communicate my expectations to my family and friends or have no expectations. Hidden expectations usually lead to disappointments which then lead to frustrations and anger.
- I will to try relax every now and again, take some time off and just look after myself, as selfish as it sounds, we have to look after ourselves first before we can look after others.
- I will make time for my second love (music) and listen to some of my favourite songs every day to unwind.
- I am a very spiritual person, so I will find the time everyday to meditate, clear my mind, have some spiritual quiet time, and simply de-stress.
- I will make an extra effort to be polite and nice to everyone I come in contact with,
- I will be more appreciative when people do nice things for me. The magic words – Thank You, will always be at the tip of my lips.
- I will be extending an olive branch to a couple of people I have fallen out with.
These are the ways I will be maintaining the peace, I will make sure I do every one of them today.
How will you be raising awareness for World Peace Day? Will you be extending an olive branch to anyone today? Drop me a comment, let’s chat.
Thanks for reading and have a peaceful week.
*This is a collaborative post.