I used this Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment for Itchy and Irritated Skin on the kiddies when they had chickenpox in the summer. The chickenpox was severe for my daughter and it was a horrible experience. I remember browsing the web endlessly, looking for a product that would help relieve the discomfort. In my search, I found this Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment.
For those who have never heard of this product, here is a brief product description from the brand –
Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment relieves dry, itchy, and irritated skin with 100 percent natural colloidal oatmeal. This dermatologist- recommended treatment helps temporarily protect and relieve itch and irritation due to poison ivy/oak/sumac, rashes, insect bites, and eczema. Professionally recommended to temporarily help relieve itchy, irritated, dry skin. When dispersed in water, this fragrance-free colloidal oatmeal powder forms a soothing milky bath that works as a natural cleanser, provides temporary skin protection, and relieves irritation and itching.
We used this Aveeno Bath Treatment a few times. I decided to stop using it because I didn’t want to mess around anymore with the chickenpox spots. Here are the pros and cons I found when I did use the product.
- I like the fact that the products comes in 8 individual sachets. The packaging made it easier to use and store.
- This product is fragrance free.
- It did provide some relief. My daughter’s chickenpox was a lot more severe than my son’s, and she found this oatmeal treatment really soothing.
- It is quite affordable at £11.23 on Amazon.
- The product didn’t dissolve in water quickly. I had to use my hands to break the large blops in the bath.
- It does leave a messy bath tub as should be expected. A bit of cleaning is required once the bath water is drained.
Overall, I like the product but I cannot see myself buying it again. It works but there are more effective products to use, and these products are easier to use as well, which is why I won’t be buying this again. However, if you are struggling with skin issues like eczema, chickenpox, hives, prickly heat and others, you may want to try this Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment. You can shop this product via the Amazon link below.