Hey blog readers! Fashion and Style Police turned 8 some days ago and I am super excited! I can’t believe I have been doing this for 8 years already! Time really does fly when you are having fun. I was planning to mark the anniversary in a special way this year but life got in the way and I won’t be doing anything special this time around. Hopefully, we can have a couple of giveaways next year to celebrate and to make up for the quiet anniversary this year. I even almost forgot completely on the anniversary day itself, which was last Sunday. Thankfully, WordPress reminded me and I got to share a quick post on social media.
Happy 8 Years Fashion and Style Police
This is just a quick post to mark my 8 years of blogging on Fashion and Style Police. I am looking forward to many more happy and prosperous years of blogging. This year has been a rollercoaster for many of us in many different ways but it has also been a rewarding year. I have learned a lot about myself and I have found new ways to work and just be. It is amazing what you can learn and how you can adapt when there is chaos everywhere. Here are 8 things I have learned in my 8 years of blogging –
8 things I have learned in my 8 years of blogging
- Be creative. Bring your creative style to your blog. Your creativity could be in your writing tone, pictures, videos, or anything. We are all unique and it is easy to forget that in the saturated blogging industry but you must remember to be yourself.
- The more you blog, the better you become. Success is never done overnight. Work on your craft.
- Never settle for less than what you want. In my 8 years of blogging, I have never worked for a brand for free. If a brand wants something from you, they should be able to pay for it.
- Buy your own domain. This should be the first thing you do when setting your blog up.
- Set up your pages on social media platforms with your blog name even if you don’t plan to be active on all platforms. You never know what tomorrow may bring.
- Diversify your blog income. You can make money through sponsored posts you write, guest posts sent to you to host, link inclusions in existing posts, banner ads, social media promotions, affiliate links, and so on.
- Look for other ways to make money through your blog but outside of it to diversify your income. That could be in freelance writing, virtual assistant, social media management, and so on.
- Have fun.
Happy 8 Years Fashion and Style Police!! Thank you!