Beautiful and well-groomed hands can be a showcase of every woman. Carefully painted nails can complement our everyday styling. If you have previously performed a hybrid manicure at a beautician, we have good news – you can successfully do it in the comfort of your own home.
1. What will be needed to perform a hybrid manicure?
2. Hybrid manicure – how to prepare?
3. How to paint nails with hybrid varnishes?
We suggest which cosmetics and accessories you cannot forget and how to take care of your nails step by step.
What will be needed to perform a hybrid manicure?
To properly care for your nails and perform a careful hybrid manicure, you need to stock up on some necessary cosmetics and accessories. You can find most of them at, for example, https://roxiecosmetics.co.uk/ or at your local drugstore.
You will need:
• UV lamp, which is the basis for making a hybrid manicure,
• Wooden sticks and nippers – they will be used to remove and cut the cuticles,
• A nail file and a polishing pad, thanks to which we will give the nails the desired shape and matte their plate,
• Cleaner, i.e. a liquid used to clean and degrease the nail plate,
• Dust-free swabs, which are helpful in cleaning the plate,
• Base for hybrid varnishes – it is applied before applying the varnish layer,
• Hybrid varnish – a colored varnish which, when applied to the nail plate, hardens under the lamp,
• Top – a cosmetic that is applied at the end of styling to give the painted nails a glow or matt effect.
Hybrid manicure – how to prepare?
At the very beginning, you need to pay attention to your cuticles around the nail. To make it easier to remove them, it is worth pushing them away with a wooden stick and then cutting them out with pliers. In the next step, use a file to give your nails the desired shape, e.g. almond or square. Then, polish the nail plate with a polishing block. Now all you have to do is rinse them with a cotton pad soaked in a cleaner and the nails are ready for painting.
How to paint nails with hybrid varnishes?
The first stage of painting is to apply a colorless base on the nail plate. This should be done carefully so as not to splash the cuticles. It is also important to secure the so-called free edge of the nail, thanks to which the varnish will last longer on the nails. When all nails are covered with the base, we need to harden them under a UV lamp for approx. 45 seconds.
The next step is to paint the nails with hybrid varnish. Here again, we have to show great precision and accuracy. After painting, harden the nails under the lamp for approx. 60 seconds and apply a second layer, which we harden again. The last step is to apply the top coat on the nails – this layer is also hardened under a UV lamp.