Many of us want to look stylishly dressed every time, most of you think you have to shop for new pieces every season to look stylish, no you don’t. What you need to have are, quality pieces in your wardrobe that will complement each other, Shopping every season is a rich hobby, investing in a stylish wardrobe with quality pieces to last every season is the way forward this 2015. Here are some tips for you:
- Discover your personal style. Know the shapes, colours and designs that suit your body shape and colour and the ones to avoid. No one is born stylish, a personal style is developed and identified over time.
- Declutter your wardrobe. Before you set off to create a stylish, frugal wardrobe, a major clear out might be needed. Once your wardrobe has been decluttered, you will be able to see gaps in your collection.
- Go for statement, quality pieces that will last several seasons and washes. Opt for accessories and pieces that will complement what you already have in your wardrobe.
- Please avoid buying trendy pieces if you can. Go for classic pieces that will stand the test of time. A little black dress, a little white dress, a white shirt, a black structured bag are examples of classic wardrobe items that should be in every woman’s closet.
- Be more creative with your wardrobe items. Re-invent new combinations from your collection, wear the same outfit differently by adding a belt, or a hat, sunnies, just to change the look.
Remember, building a wardrobe is continuous process. It continues as long as we keep wearing clothes, As Vivienne Westwood said “Buy less, choose well and do it yourself”.