There are various things that dictate what type of clothing we wear, which includes everything from our budgets and personal tastes through to the weather and the seasons. During the winter, the wardrobes of most women go through a radical change as they switch their lighter, summer clothing for winter essentials that are practical, warm yet still stylish. It is important for any woman to ensure she has the right clothing essentials for the winter period and there are a number of wardrobe clothing staples that every woman should aim to have during the winter. By making sure that you have the right clothing in your wardrobe this winter you can ensure you stay warm, snug and cosy without compromising on style and confidence no matter where you are going.
Essentials for your winter wardrobe
If you want to ensure that you are fully prepared for the colder season with a winter wardrobe packed with essentials, here are some of the items you should add to your list:
- Knee length boots: Winter is not the time for those sling backs or stilettos, particularly if it the weather is very bad. This is why you should make sure you invest in a good pair of knee length boots, as these are versatile as well as stylish and practical. They can be worn for work, a casual trip out, or even a night out because you can team them with skirts, dresses, jeans and more. The amazing eBay website does a great selection of boots and offers some great deals. You save even more money when you shop at eBay by heading to OZCodes for some very generous discounts.
- Skinny jeans: Skinny jeans are perfect for a number of reasons during the winter. First off, the fact that they cling to you means that you won’t have to worry about that winter chill biting at your legs and ankles because the tightness of the jeans will keep it out. You will also find that their design is perfect for layering items on top in order to keep warm. You can head to retailers such as River Island, Debenhams, for a great choice of skinny jeans to add to your wardrobe.
- High neck jumper: When it comes to feeling warm and still looking stylish, a high neck jumper is ideal. The great thing about these, apart from the fact that they keep the cold out, is that they can be worn for work, days out or casual evenings out. They also look great with jeans as well as jumpers and work-wear, which makes them a versatile addition to the wardrobe. The Iconic offers a good choice of tops and jumpers so take a look through the selection there to purchase your high neck jumper.
- Knitted dress: Knitted dresses were in fashion some decades ago but have made a big comeback. Winter shouldn’t mean that you can’t wear a dress and by investing in a knitted dress you can enjoy the style and confidence that comes with wearing a dress without skimping on warmth and practicality.
- Cashmere sweater: Cashmere has a texture and appearance that oozes luxury and style. Winter is the best time to wear this because you can show off your great fashion sense while revelling in the warmth and comfort of cashmere. A cashmere sweater is therefore an excellent addition to your winter wardrobe and you can enjoy some great deals on these and other sweaters at retailers such as Neverland Store.
- Winter coat: Of course, a winter coat is essential during this season but keeping warm with your outerwear does not mean you have to do away with style. Invest in a statement coat such as metallic or a bold colour like red in order to brighten up your outfit, add a splash of colour to a gloomy grey day, and keep you looking stylish while you are out and about.
- Knitted scarf: Scarves are not just good for keeping the cold out but also for adding style to any outfit. Accessorising with a knitted scarf will therefore enable you to enjoy practicality as well as style. You can even opt for a blanket scarf, which will envelope you in warmth but also make your outfit stand out all the more.
- Leather jacket/coat: Winter is a great time to step out in a leather coat or jacket, as these are too heavy and hot for summer but look great during the colder season. You can really rock out when you wear leather and a stylish leather jacket is perfect for a glam night out as well as a casual shopping trip or day out.
- Opaque tights: When it comes to winter fashion accessories, always have a pair of black opaque tights to hand. If you want to wear a skirt or dress during the colder weather, you don’t have to worry about having freezing legs when you have these tights. A high quality pair of opaque tights will keep you warm and they look great with skirts and dresses as well as with boots and shoes.
With these winter staples in your wardrobe, you can ensure that you have everything you need to combine style and practicality this winter.
What do you think of these winter wardrobe essentials? Do you have all these in your wardrobe?
Drop me a comment in the comments section below, let’s chat.
Thanks for reading and commenting.