Some months ago, I wrote about the importance of a beautiful smile, and how having one can do wonders to your self-esteem. If you missed that post, click here. I love the whole idea of having white teeth, and I am always on the lookout for new products to try, so when the guys at Beverly Hills Formula got in touch and offered to send me a toothpaste and mouthwash from the Perfect White Black range to review, I jumped at the offer. This was my first time, trying out a “black” toothpaste and mouthwash so I was eager to see the promised results for myself.
Here is what Beverly Hills Formula has to say about the range:
Beverly Hills Formula Perfect White Black toothpaste is our latest revolutionary whitening toothpaste that delivers professional tooth whitening results to help you achieve that all important “Hollywood smile” without the need for harsh abrasives and bleach.
Perfect White Black’s secret beauty weapon is the advanced ingredient activated charcoal, which is proven to be one of the most effective and safest teeth whitener ingredients.
- Perfect White Black is scientifically formulated with Activated Charcoal which helps eliminate bacteria causing bad breath and neutralises remaining odours, leaving your breath feeling fresh all day long.
- Activated Charcoal is also known for its love of tannins – compounds found in coffee, tea, wine, berries and spices, all of which stain your teeth; the Activated Charcoal helps remove tannins from the surface of your teeth without harming the enamel.
- The Hydrated Silica combined with the Activated Charcoal offers high performance whitening boost that makes toothpaste safe for daily use.
- Sodium Fluoride within Perfect White Black (0.31% w/w 1400ppmF) keeps your tooth enamel strong and healthy, effectively helps prevent caries and decay, and protects against acid attacks.
- Perfect White Black toothpaste is available in 100ml and 125ml sizes.
I have used both products, everyday, for over a month now, here are my thoughts:
- I love the very different dark packaging. It stands out.
- I love the minty fresh breath I get after using both products. The fresh breath stays on for quite a while unlike other toothpastes or mouthwashes
- The products are easily accessible in the UK at Superdrug, on Amazon and on the brand’s website, link above.
- My teeth felt very clean after each use.
- My teeth do not feel as sensitive as before, so I believe the toothpaste and mouthwash helped with my sensitivity issues.
- The black colour isn’t an issue. It starts off as black, but changes to a normal white colour as you brush.
- I find the whole shaking of the mouthwash to activate the charcaol very cool. I have never used anything like it.
- I didn’t notice any change in the colour of my teeth, which was the main goal I was aiming for. I used both products everyday for over a month, and there has been no change in the colour of my teeth whatsoever.
- The products are quite pricey at £4.49 for a 500ml mouthwash and £4.99 for a 100ml toothpaste.
Overall, I do recommend both products for generally teeth/mouth cleaning, if you can fork out the money, why not.
What do you think? Have you tried any of these products before?
*PR Samples included in this post.