I have been learning how to drive on and off now for almost 4 years, and I am still learning. It has been an extremely long journey, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get to my destination.
I passed my theory test at my first attempt, I used various driving instructors (kept changing until I found the right one), took the practical test with a huge baby bump and I failed woefully. I messed up my manoeuvres, panicked and messed up the rest of the test too. Honestly, I was heavily pregnant so I didn’t really have a chance, I was too worried about the bump. To crown it all up, my theory test result has now expired (after 2 years), so that means I would have to take the theory test again, before I can have another go at the practical test. Happy days right?
However, the knowledge I have acquired from my many driving lessons has opened my eyes to how many other drivers break the laws of driving. I often find myself amazed at how some people drive. I mean, you just have to be in a car for 5 minutes to see a driving offence, it is ridiculous. It’s like people just wait to pass their tests, get their full license and then, start driving as they please. Many are also breaking driving laws without even knowing it.
Here are some of the popular driving offences:
- Honking to signal your annoyance.
- Driving around with ‘car for sale’ sign in window (this is so common).
- Driving for more than ten hours. I bet you didn’t know this one.
- Hogging the middle lane.
I am pretty sure you have seen drivers committing these driving offences because I see them almost every day. There are also some really crazy driving laws you may not be aware of, like –
- Being able to relieve yourself beside the road, as long as your right hand is on the car and you are beside the car’s rear tyre.
- It is illegal to hail a cab in London if you are suffering from the plague.
- London taxis are legally required to carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats at all times.
Did you know any of these laws? I bet you didn’t know the last one for sure because I didn’t. I guess we learn everyday. You can check out the infograhic from Simpson Millar, to read more about this.
Did you know any of these laws? What are your thoughts? Drop me a comment, lets chat. Thanks for reading.