If you have been reading Fashion and Style Police for a while, you will know how much I love perfumes. I use to be a perfume
hoarder freak, with over 10 bottles at a time, until I went into recovery, lol. I am a lot better now, and quite happy with only 5 bottles at a time.
Jimmy Choo wowed me with the previous Jimmy Choo perfume. So I was very happy to receive this Illicit perfume by Jimmy Choo as a gift last Christmas.
The Jimmy Choo Illicit perfume was released August 2015. It comes in a 40, 60 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. I have a bit to say about it, but before I dive into the review, here is what Jimmy Choo has to say about this perfume:
The Illicit perfume is designed for women who are tempting, seductive, risk-taking and totally in control. This fragrance embodies the daring spirit of a woman who is hypnotic, attractive and living life to the fullest. It is a modern floral, created by the perfumer; Anne Filpo. It starts with frizzy notes leading to the floral heart and the warm, honey-amber base. Ginger and bitter orange open the composition. The heart consists of rose and jasmine sambac, laid on the base of honey-amber accord and sandalwood.
“ILLICIT embodies the daring spirit of the Jimmy Choo woman. She is alluring, hypnotic and lives her life to the full.”
– Sandra Choi, Creative Director Jimmy Choo.
Here are my thoughts on this perfume:
- It is a light, feminine, sensual fragrance, which I love. It is soft enough for day time wear, and great to rock in the summer season.
- It is long-lasting. It stays on for a few hours.
- I love the design of the bottle. It is simple but so chic.
- I like the fact that it comes in various sizes – 40, 60 & 100ml, hence various prices. A 40ml bottle goes for £42, 60ml goes for £54 and a 100ml goes for £78.
- This fragrance is readily available online and in many other departmental stores.
- I wish the fragrance stays on longer. It disappears after a couple of hours.
Overall, I love this fragrance. I think it is fab, and I will definitely use it again. I recommend it to any perfume lover looking for a light fragrance to use this summer.
Have you tried the Jimmy Choo Illicit perfume? What are your thoughts? Drop me a comment, lets chat.
Thanks for reading. Have a lovely day.