Have you been struggling to buy a hand wash? It looks like they are sold out worldwide now. I can’t seem to find them anywhere! The hand wash being sold online now are going for exorbitant prices. With all the hand washing required now, I can see why many are stocking up and why the shelves are empty. This is why we should consider making our own hand wash with essential oils. I started playing around again with essential oils last month. Essential Oils can be very harmful if you don’t know how to use them. I have blogged before about me thinking essential oils were just regular oils, and how it almost drained me. So I know how strong these oils can be. However, the pros outweigh the cons massively and that’s why I decided to try using them again with caution. If you haven’t used essential oils before, I won’t recommend you try making your hand wash with these oils. It is best to have some experience using essential oils on its own before you start creating products with them.
How to make hand wash with essential oils
Here are the items you will need to make your own hand wash with essential oils. Links to all the products mentioned here are below.
- 15 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1/2 Pure Liquid Castile Soap
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 TB Sweet Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Boiled water
- 1/2 TB Guar Gum
- Add the boiled water first, followed by the Pure Liquid Castile Soap in a container.
- Next, you mix in Guar Gum into the oils and add the mixture into the container with the soap and water.
- Then shake the ingredients together and pour the mixture into the pump bottle of your your choice, and homemade hand wash is ready for use.
Homemade products don’t preservatives, which is why you should only make the amount you will need for about 2 weeks or so. You can decide to not include the essential oils if you like or you could use other types. I like the Tea Tree essential oil because it includes antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Lavender Essential Oil smells amazing and it also promotes relaxation.
I will be sharing clips of the hand wash mixture I have made on social media in the few days, so keep your eyes peeled. Thanks for reading and do let me know how your mixture turns out if you try this recipe. Links to all the products mentioned here are below –