I had my nails done some weeks ago, first time in 2 years, and it felt good to have them on. Before I had my kids, I was super obsessed with pretty nails, I used to have my nails professionally done every 3 weeks, but when the kids popped out, I couldn’t be bothered with the look of my nails. Now that my babies are older, I am gradually finding myself again, making time for the things I use to love.
I had the pleasure of receiving a a pack of Magis Home Soak Off Kit some weeks ago, and I finally got around to trying it. The whole idea behind this product, is to be able to soak off your acrylic or gel nails within minutes, from the comfort of your home.
Before I dive into the review, here is what Magis Supplies Ltd has to say about this product –
50 ready-made wraps made with an absorbent cotton pad.
These wraps are made from quality aluminium foil, tested by nail technicians to ensure workability. Perfect for soaking off all gel-cured polishes including; Bio-Sculpture, Shellac, Gelish and Jessica.
The wraps have a built-in hem, designed to give the technician more stability when wrapping the nail and can be reapplied as required.
After a busy day, I decide to put the foil nail wraps to test. Following the instructions on the pack, I soaked the pads on the foil with a bit of acetone, and wrapped each foil around a finger nail for 10 minutes, and had to rewrap the finger nails again, this time, I left the nail wraps on for an additional 10 minutes, and a particularly stubborn finger nail, a little longer, and just like magic, the nails came off.
Here are my thoughts:
- It is super easy to use. The directions on the pack were very straight forward.
- I found it very convenient. I love products I can use by myself at home, watching some Netflix.
- It did the job eventually. It did take longer than I anticipated based on the instructions, but I got them off under 30 minutes.
- It is so affordable. A Home Soak Off Kit with 50 foil wraps and a 50ml acetone goes for just £9.
- It takes off acrylic nails, gel nails, and even nail polishes quickly.
(after the first wrap)
- The smell of the acetone, like we nail lovers should know, can be quite overpowering. The smell kind of takes over the room.
I recommend this Magis Home Soak Off Kit. I think it is one of the smartest beauty inventions ever.
What do you think? Drop me a comment, let’s chat.
Have a lovely week.
*PR Samples included.