I got my hands on this MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover some weeks ago, and I have used it quite a few times now. If you have been reading my product reviews posts, you will know all about my obsession with makeup remover products, and how I struggle to find the ones that do the job quickly and effectively. Well, purchasing this product was for me to see if the almighty MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, would do the job.
But I made a huge mistake. I did not read the product description correctly before purchasing. I thought it would be great for the entire face as well but it is not. It is mainly for the eyes and the lips. So learn from my mistake, and go through the entire product description twice before purchasing.
Here is what MAC has to say about this makeup remover:
Oil and water do mix, for twice the impact – just shake. A dual-phase, easy-does-it formula that sweeps off even tenacious waterproof mascara and lip colour. Absolutely gentle; suitable for all skin types. It comes with soothing cucumber extract and Damascus Rose flower water to refresh. No need to rinse.
Here are my thoughts on this product:
- I love the coral colour. It looks amazing on my white dressing table.
- It is a very gentle product. So no stings at all, even if a tiny bit gets into your eyes.
- It smells amazing.
- It takes off eye makeup after a few applications depending on how heavy your eye makeup was. It also wipes off any lip makeup with little effort.
- It is great for all skin types.
- Many departmental stores stock MAC products, so they are easy to find both online and in stores.
- You have to remember to shake it before using it, so the oil and water can mix.
- It is expensive at £16 for a 100ml bottle, for just wiping makeup off the eyes and lips. It is more budget friendly to go for a face wash or cleanser that will wipe off the entire face.
- The packaging like the MAC Fix+ is quite flimsy. It is very difficult to get it open. I think I should just stop purchasing MAC products that come in this push-twist bottle. I find them hard work.
Overall, I would not recommend this product. If I read the product description properly, I won’t have bought it. I won’t be buying this particular product again but I am still crazily in love with MAC.
What are your thoughts? Do tell..