Chanel has successfully appealed to its target market. So the question is, why has Chanel succeeded where other brands and businesses have not? What is the brand doing differently, to ensure she stands out from her peers. Here are my ten big takes from the Chanel story. They are important lessons for other brands, bloggers and entrepreneurs to future-proof their business. Bloggers, brands, designers and entrepreneurs should be able to relate with this post.
1. Recognise what is missing in your market, and use it to your advantage.
2. Be competitive and distinct. Bring something different to the table.
3. Meet the needs of your clients, customers or readers. Find out what they need to read, or wear, and deliver.
4. Live your brand story without hesitation.
5. Never be complacent. Remember pride comes before fall.
6. Keep your customers and readers curious. Be a little unpredictable every now and again.
7. Know your history, but don’t be a slave to it.
8. Work within the absolutes of your philosophy.
9. Recognise what those who are loyal to you, really love about you.
10. Understand what is timeless about what you offer and what is not.