So last week, I wrote about The Pocket Rocket Woman, so this week is all about the Athletic Woman.
The athletic woman is usually a tomboy, she has a defined, toned, V-shape silhouette, she is more slender than skinny, and has broad shoulders and slim hips. This female body shape has become quite popular since the 1980s, many women aspire to have this body shape. Late Princess Diana, Madonna, Cameron Diaz Kendall Jenner and Katharine Hepburn, rocked and are rocking this body shape, they have made women want this shape.
This athletic woman has small breasts and narrow hips so most pieces look good on her toned body shape which is why most models fall into this body shape category.
Here are the DOs and the DONTs of this female body shape:
- Your toned shoulders and back are your greatest assets. Flaunt them.
- Go for light tailored pieces, they suit your body shape.
- Opt for smock style shirts with puffed sleeves to soften arms and shoulders.
- Go for tops and dresses with high neck lines, like halter neck styles; these add inches to smaller busts.
- Go for dresses in jersey and chiffon with patterns and floaty skirts that instantly soften angular lines, these pieces add some girliness and create curves in all the right places.
- Opt for layered and wrap tops and dresses as they add dimension to the body and create the illusion of a waist.
- Avoid tight, clingy pieces, they will highlight the fact that you have no waist.
- Avoid baggy tops, unless you are rocking it with a belt or any other detailing, it may seem like the easiest solution but it will make your slender body shape look very shapeless.
- Avoid vertical striped pieces as they hide curves.
- Avoid wearing sky-high heels, you will appear longer.
Are you an athletic shaped woman? What do you think of this female body shape? Sound off in the comment section.
Thanks for reading.
I’m always so jealous of Cameron’s abs. Ahh if only…
She is a hottie that one.
Great post, I have a hourglass/spoon figure depending on my weight but I do like an athletic figure too. I feel like the athletic figure can pull off so much
Yes it can.. It is a lovely shape.
It’s a very sensible shape, not too skinny but still slim. Shape doesn’t matter to me, as long as I’m happy in my own skin
Yeap being happy with your skin is the most important part of it all.
Yea athletic shape is just right. I think I belong to that group. Anyways I am happy with myself irrespective of the shape lol.
That is all that matters Osime. This series just informs, it does not dictate what you shape you should be.
I think I have an athletic shape after reading your post, so I’ll be checking your Do’s & Don’ts pretty often, thanks! (:
Cool. Thanks Laura.
Useful tips for those with different body types. Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thanks for reading This Guy Can..
Really enjoyed reading this series! Great insight to different body shapes 🙂
Glad you enjoyed reading it Danielle. Thanks for stopping by.
I have always coveted an athletic shape with curves but everyone’s shape is beautiful in their own unique way.
Another great post on body posts, I think Cameron has an amazing, healthy body.
Yea she does. Thanks for reading.
I wish I had the athletic female body but I’m quite curvy!
Yea it is a lovely shape to have but I prefer mine,lol…
Love this post Stella.
Camerons body has always been a love of mine.
I’m pretty sure my body looked like hers in my younger day HAHA
I guess its something that I should really think about when trying to get myself back in shape for my holiday next year.
Thanks for sharing hun
Thanks for reading Charlotte. I am glad you enjoyed the post.
I think this was probably my figure before the kids, + a big bum, lol. 😀
Back in the days eh..Lol.
I’ve got to admit, I am far from athletic, I am quite curvy.
Never realised that there would be certain clothing styles to avoid, assumed athletic types looked good in anything.
Goes to show you can have any body type and still need to avoid something.
Yea there is always a style/design to avoid. Thanks Sam.
Great post! It is so important to dress for our body shapes. I make the mistake of forgetting I am a short pear shape sometimes!
I make the same mistake all the time..lol.
Pingback: Outfit Post - How to wear a maxi dress - fashionandstylepolice fashionandstylepolice
Pingback: Key Tricks for Choosing the Perfect Swimsuit for Your Body Type - fashionandstylepolice fashionandstylepolice