I have been using the brow & liner kit from The Body Shop for some weeks now and I have a lot to say about this product. A friend introduced me to this great product and I have not looked back ever since. I got the brown and black shade and it has since replaced my regular eyebrow pencil. I think it is a great product overall and I will tell you why but first here is what The Body Shop has to say about this product:
This handy compact contains everything you need to create perfect eyebrows: a double-ended brush and light and dark shades to fill and define.
- Contains two shades
- Includes a double-ended brush
- Dermatologically tested
- Ophthalmologically tested
- Suitable for contact-lens wearers
Here is my opinion:
- This product is great for contact-lens wearers. I am one so I know.
- It is long-lasting, stays on all day.
- It is quite affordable at £10 and it is value for money, I have had mine for over 5 weeks now and it is still waxing strong.
- It comes in three different shades; black and brown, blonde and auburn, and brunette and brown.So there is a shade for everyone.
- It defines my eyes beautifully.
1. There is quite a lot to be desired when it comes to the brush in the kit. The curved shape makes it awkward to hold. It just doesn’t work. I have to use my regular slanted MAC brush to do the work.
The only issue with this product is the brush but that is not an issue because I have a great brush to use in place of it. I recommend this brow and liner kit and I will be using this product at The Body Shop again.
Have you tried the brow and liner kit by The Body Shop? Sound off in the comment section. Thanks for reading.
Picture Source: Flickr
Many black women know about their skin type but not how to adequately care for their skin. I for one had to learn to take care of my skin and it took me many years of staring at myself in the mirror and trying various products to get it right. We need to pay extra attention to our skin. Our skin needs to be handled with tender love and care for it to glow.
The black skin has high levels of pigmentation and this offers superior UV protection and helps to delay the signs of ageing which is great. With the delayed signs of ageing likely not showing until we are in our fifties, there is a lot to be thankful for, but just as the black skin has its strengths, it also has its weaknesses. Here are five black skin tone commandments for you to abide by:
- Eat well – You need to feed your face and eat as many oranges, red fruits and vegetables as we can. Fruits and vegetables work wonders for the skin and drinking eight glasses a day helps to keep our skin smooth and spotless which is great.
2. Apply SPF – You need to apply SPF15 daily or whenever you are exposed to sunlight. I know some women think because their skin is black, they won’t be needing sunscreen. This is so wrong. The UV rays can damage our skin just as much as it can damage a white skin. Black skin is not immune to skin cancer or skin burn.
3. Be gentle – Avoid picking or scrubbing your face as much as you can. Also try not to use harsh skin products, check the components of any skin product you do use.
4. Exfoliate – Aim to exfoliate your skin at least once a week. If you have oily or combination skin, you can exfoliate two to three times a week. Exfoliate gets rid of the dead skin cells and helps the skin remain smooth and spotless.
5. Moisturise – Remember to moisturise your skin at least once a day. The black skin is prone to dryness so moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.
If you follow these five skin tone commandments religiously, you skin will shine and glow from the inside out.
Do you have any skin commandments to share?