Hey peeps. I finally decided to try some drug store lipsticks. I know I have talked about doing this for sometime now, so I popped into my local Boots, and had a good look around, then finally settled on a NYX Matte Indie Flick Lipstick and a Barry M Lip Stain Paint in Eternal Coral.
NYX Matte Indie Flick Lipstick
This is my first time trying a NYX lipstick. I have heard quite a lot about the NYX makeup range, and seen a lot of YouTube reviews and blog pots about the brand, so I knew I had to try it for myself. I must confess the price put me off at a first, it goes for £6.50, and I am use to spending £15 and over for 1 lipstick, so I thought this won’t be good enough, but I am happy to announce that I was pleasantly surprised.
Here is what NYX has to say about their lipsticks:
NYX Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented richly formulated and long-wearing. The formula glides on smoothly and stays put with a non-drying matte finish.
Here are my thoughts:
- I love the colour a lot. It is perfect for summer.
- It is so matte, but doesn’t dry out my lips like other matte lipsticks.
- It is a great price for the quality of lipstick.
- It is long-lasting, even without a lip primer. It stayed on for hours.
- I love the cute packaging, with the see through plastic. I think it is so cute.
I LOVE this lipstick. I think I am sold on anything NYX now, let’s see.
Barry M Lip Paint Eternal Coral
This is my first time trying a Barry M lipstick. I have heard and seen a lot of Barry M makeup in stores, but like my previous issue with NYX, the price was my issue. I struggled to believe a £4.49 Barry M lipstick would be as good as a £15.50 MAC lipstick, so I never bothered with them until now.
Here is what Barry M has to say about their lipsticks:
New Stain Paint provides a rich velvet matte finish for long, long, long-lasting colour. Available in three amazingly long-lasting lip staining shades, discover Barry M’s new LipStains in their shining new silver packs – Absolute Burgundy, Eternal Coral and Infinite Pink.
Here are my thoughts:
- I love the Eternal Coral shade. It is so different from all my other lipsticks.
- It is super affordable.
- It moisturises the lips perfectly.
- It has more of a butter finish than matte finish.
- I am a matte kind of girl, and this lipstick is not matte enough for me.
- The colour is a little too light for my liking. I had to apply and reapply quite a few times, to get the colour to pop out.
Overall, I will recommend both lipsticks. For the price you pay, they are really worth it, especially the NYX lipstick. I will definitely be buying that again and shopping more from the brand.
Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What do you think of them? Sound off in the comment section.
Thanks for reading.