I fell in love with Dermalogica products sometime last year. I tried a few of their products and they were seriously the best. So when the lovely people of Beautifully Gorgeous got in touch to offer me this product to review, I jumped at the chance. I have always wanted to try out this Dermalogica Age Smart Overnight Retinol Repair, which includes a Buffer Cream. I turn 30 next year, and I must confess, until very recently, I have been neglecting my skin, and just assumed I will be forever young. How funny is that? Thank God I have seen the light.
Since I started beauty blogging, I realised how much care and attention I should be giving my skin, and I have tried my hands on quite a few beauty products, and Dermalogica products usually stand out every time. Here is what Dermalogica has to say about this Age Smart Overnight Retinol Repair and Buffer Cream:
Turn back the clock with this powerful treatment cream. Targeting uneven skin tone, discoloration and wrinkles, AGE Smart® Overnight Retinol Repair reduces the appearance of skin aging overnight. It contains active microencapsulated pure Retinol, a powerful ingredient that helps boost collagen production and cell turnover. Comes with a moisturising Buffer Cream to help skin adjust to the Retinol.
Note: Should not be used less than 72 hours after exfoliation or 2 weeks before a holiday in the sun. This is due to the Retinol which can cause burning to the skin if not used as directed. Please refer to the instructions before use.
How to use
For best results, mix one part Overnight Retinol Repair with up to three parts Buffer Cream. Apply to cleansed skin at night, when cell renewal is at its prime. Once your skin is acclimated, you can use Overnight Retinol Repair alone, prior to or mixed with your prescribed Dermalogica moisturiser.
I have been using both products for a few weeks now, so here are my thoughts –
- They reduce laughter lines. I had an annoying laughter line in my mouth area that shows up every now and again, and the appearance has reduced since I started using both products.
- My skin feels and looks a lot firmer.
- No artificial fragrances, colours or parabens in both Dermalogica products.
- A little goes a long way, so this 30ml Overnight Retinol Repair, and 15ml Buffer Cream may look small, they will go a long way.
- My skin tone is improved. I had a bit of skin hyperpigmentation o my face while I was pregnant and some of it didn’t go away after childbirth, but since I started using these products, I can see a visible improvement.
- Both products accelerates the skin renewal process.
I recommend the Dermalogica Age Smart Overnight Retinol Repair to anyone struggling with laughter lines, skin pigmentation, wrinkles, or anyone who may need a form of night cream. A pack of these goes for a discounted rate of £61 (£73) at Beautifully Gorgeous’s website (link above), so get in there, and try it for yourself.
Have you tried the Dermalogica Age Smart Overnight Retinol Repair before? What are your thoughts? Drop me a comment, lets talk.
Thanks for reading.
*PR samples included.