Spring is here and the weather has been amazing. We have had lots of sunshine in the last few days, and it looks like the sunny weather will be staying for a bit. I have started wearing my spring pieces and accessories, and it feels great. I even had the opportunity to grab a few pieces from some high street stores the other day. So my spring wardrobe is looking bang on trend. It is always good to add some new items to your wardrobe every now and again.
I work with a capsule wardrobe, so I always make sure every new wardrobe addition fills a gap. That way I can style the items in different ways, and they complement each other
If you are thinking of how to stay stylish this spring season, you can watch this YouTube video by Chums Fashion and Home Chanel. I found it funny but spot on too!
For more fashion tips to help you stay stylish this springs season, check these out –
Get Your Spring Fashion Essentials
Like I said, I went shopping for some spring fashion essentials the other day. I got some pairs of spring floral trousers, leggings and some blouses as well. The weather has been so warm here, and I needed some new pairs of trousers to stay cool and comfy. Getting your spring fashion essentials should be the first thing you to get ready for the new season in style. Here are some items you could go shopping for to get your wardrobe trendy –
- Maxi Skirts and Sundresses – These are super comfy to wear and they are usually very easy to style. I have a few in my wardrobe at the moment and I wear them so much. They are just want you need to have on when the weather gets dead warm. Go for pieces in spring prints like florals, stripes and polka dots.
- Shorts – I love having a few pair of shorts in my wardrobe for spring and summer. They come in very handy for when it gets really warm.
- Sandals – It is always good to get a few pairs of sandals and flip flops for the spring/summer season. I have been wearing flip-flops all week because it has been really warm here in Cheshire. If there is one thing you shop for this season, it should be some new pairs of sandals. A good pair of sandals came change the whole look of an outfit.
- Cardigans – You should have light cardigans in your wardrobe for when the days or nights get a little chilly, and you need a light coverup. Having a few in bright colours would definitely come in handy.
- Sleeveless Tops and Colourful Accessories – These are definitely spring staples to have if you want to stay stylish. The right accessories can wake up any outfit and spring is all about bright colours, so ensure you go for bright colourful accessories. Sleeveless tops are just what you need to have on when the weather gets too warm and you need to stay decent.
Stick To Light Layers
Spring is a season for light layers. So ditch the heavy coats, cardigans and the rest of your autumn/winter clothing. In other to be trendy and comfy, you need to wear breathable fabrics in bright colours. Depending on where you live, light layers should work just for fine for you this season. A light cardigan may come in handy when the temperature drops and if it doesn’t, it is easy to pop it in a bag or around your was it. I like to mix and match pieces in with different prints and texture to create a stylish look.
Add Bright Accessories
Another fashion tip for spring is adding bright accessories. Accessories have the power to make or break any look. They are usually cheaper to invest in, so if you are on a budget but want to look trendy, you can update your accessories collection. The right accessories can easily switch up a basic look, so don’t underestimate the power of accessories. You can try updating your look with a floral scarf, or a bright coloured pair of sandals.
Is your wardrobe ready for spring?