Dying your fabric with tea is a quick and easy way to breathe in new life into your old clothes. The tea dying process is quite inexpensive, and it results in a light, colourwash effect, unlike the heavier, opaque voverage of commercial dyes.
Here are the instructions for tea dying clothes:
- Boil water and add a couple of tea bags to a large container. The number of tea bags you add will determine how dark or light the finished fabric will be. To start off, use about 8-10 tea bags to get a light tea dye stain and fill the container with enough water to fully submerge your item.
- Go for a container you don’t mind staining, and one that is lighter, rather than darker in colour, so you can see how dark your tea solution is.
- Tea staining works best on natural fabrics so pick out an old pure cotton or wool shirt to test.
- Saturate the fabric with clear water and then put it into the tea dye mixture.
- Stir the swatch regularly to keep it moving.
- Remove the fabric from the tea dye mixture when you have achieved the desired depth of colour.
- Rinse the fabric until the water is clear.
Here are some tea dye facts to remember:
- The colour and stain you get will depend on the type of tea and the number of tea bags you use. Ordinary tea bags give a range of brown shades, while herbal teas will anythng from red to deep purple.
- Tea dyes are not easy to get out.
- Tea staining works best on natural fabrics like wool, pure cotton, silk and linen.
Have you tea dyed before? If yes, what shade did you achieve?
Here is the concluding part of My Spring Personal Style series. If you missed the part one, click here.
Put On A Scarf
A scarf is a fantastic accessory regardless of the weather.It has the power to completely transform a look from simple to chic. A scarf can change a T-shirt from plain to stylish. Put one on.
Get A Good Bra
The right bra will provide the right support and confidence under those unforgiving places. I am a fan of Victoria’s Secret bras. They are the Truth.
Leopard pints are timeless, racy, stylish, chic and so glamorous. Make leopard prints a staple in your wardrobe this spring.
Jazz Up Your Style
Try stylish jackets, blazers, coloured shoes and bags to jazz up your look this spring. Some colour will do you good.
Do you have any styling tips for spring to share? Sound off in the comment section. Thanks for reading.
A receded chin also known as the weak chin, is small in size. Before you contemplate plastic surgery, try enhancing your weak chin with some makeup tricks. The aim is to make the chin appear more prominent. Here are some makeup tricks to achieve this:
- Apply a darker shade of foundation or bronzer to the area between the top of the upper lip and the base of the nose.
- Apply a lighter shade of foundation or bronzer on the chin to make it appear more prominent.
- Apply some highlighter over the center of the chin
- A bright lipstick will draw attention away to the chin.
- Go for hairstyles that stop at the chin like the one in the picture above.
Ellen DeGeneres needs no introduction.
If you do not know this woman, then you should ask yourself some serious questions. She is the fashion criminal for this week and I will tell you why. We all know Ellen DeGeneres loves menswear; her outfits always exude a masculine vibe- roomy vests, white sneakers, blazers with wide lapels and the likes, but her look is so Predictable and Outdated. She needs to spice her look up a little, and go outside her comfort zone.
Ellen DeGeneres’ style can be refined by wearing well-tailored, feminine suits in colours and patterns that will suit her natural blonde colouring and body shape. I want to see her in silk and cotton blazers, flared and skinny trousers/jeans, prints, camisoles in vibrant colours like red, blue, purple and the likes. Seeing her in a maxi dress will be divine. She will look so chic, sleek, and feminine.
Do you agree? Sound off in the comment section pls. Thanks for reading.
The beautiful and talented Rita Ora is the beauty muse of the week. I love her pale, blonde look, and her signature red lips and dark power brows. Her look is quite rare but it works so well for her.
Rita Ora is an epitome of beauty. I can’t fault any of her features.
She is definitely a true Beauty Muse.
Do you agree? Tell me in the comment section.
Summer is fast approaching and your girlfriends are already bugging you about that island vacation you have pre-planned ten months ago. The family also has a picnic coming up next month and your crush is almost ready to ask you out on a date. Your lovely dress is ready together with your shorts and bikini, but you’re still trying to decide whether you should shave those legs or not? Well, get those lady shavers out because there’s more than enough reason to shave those unwanted hairs. But go for one that is designed for ultimate versatility.
Without further ado, below are a couple of essential reasons why getting rid of those unwanted hairs is essential, especially during the summer season.
Makes you feel more comfortable
A lot has been said about women shaving their legs for the public’s approval, but that’s not necessarily the case, it’s a rather exaggerated argument. Actually, in almost any surveys, women do shave their legs on their own accord. It may have something to do with the culture but if a lady would feel more confident sporting a pair of clean-shaved legs, why stop her? Let girls be girls.
No, it won’t hurt!
No pain, no gain? Well, if you’re doing it right then there’s definitely no way you’d hurt yourself. The good thing is, there are lady shavers made especially for you to make the task more easier. You can also get your hands on these shavers and shaving gels with little drama online or in a supermarket.
You can do it whenever you need to
The other nice thing about shaving is that it is more accessible than waxing. Although it is highly recommended to wax when it comes to the sensitive areas of our body, with the help of a lady shaver, we can smoothly remove unwanted hair on our legs just in time for any big event.
Let your legs be more fashionable and attractive
It strongly depends on one’s perception but for most of us anyway, clean, attractive, and fashionable legs mean that we have to cut those hair away. And there’s really no other way that it will work faster and will be more convenient than using shavers. Regular shaving also helps us maintain proper hygiene. So you really can’t go wrong with it.
Whether you are preparing yourself to hit the beach or gearing for a casual walk, shaving your legs will always be a smart choice that will only help you boost your confidence while also helping you keep tabs on your own well being. Stay fit this season, body-wise and skin-wise.
What do you think of Ladyshavers? Have you used one before?