As a hay fever sufferer, I am always on the lookout for anything that promises some relief. One of the many symptoms of hay fever is itching watery eyes, and as a contact lenses wearer, I find this extremely uncomfortable as you can imagine. I have very itchy, watery eyes when my hay fever is at its peak so I have been using the Optrex Actimist 2-in-1 Eye Spray and Eye Drops, hoping to get some relief. Did I get some relief? Lets see….
Starting with the Eye Spray, here is what Optrex has to say about it:
Optrex ActiMist eye spray relieves dry eyes instantly. Repairs the eye’s natural protective moisture barrier to reduce moisture loss. Can produce significant improvements in lipid layer thickness and tear film stability. Clinically proven to provide relief for up to 4 hours.
Here are my thoughts on this product:
- It is easy and convenient to use.
- It can be used daily.
- It does not smudge the makeup.
- It is applied to closed eyelids.
- Contact lenses wearers can use this with the lenses in.
- It does not expire after 28 days, like most eye drops. It can last up to 6 months after first opening.
- It cools and soothes the eyes.
- It is easily accessible in most stores.
- My eyes get really irritated when my hay fever is at its peak and this Optrex Actimist Eye Spray does not relief me at all.
- It is quite pricey at £15.99 for a 10ml bottle.
As for the Optrex Soothing Eye Drops, I bought that out of frustration when I realised the fancy Eye Spray was not working for me. Here is how Optrex describes this product:
Optrex Soothing Eye Drops for itchy Eyes, which contain natural plant extracts, help relieve irritation caused by pollen, pet hair & dust mites.. They work by flushing out allergens such as pollens that cause hayfever. Formulated with purified water and natural plant extracts, these drops gently cleanse the eye surface to wash pollen and other allergenic particles away, providing gentle relief from the irritation they cause to allergic eyes. They are suitable for everyday use.
Here are my thoughts on this Eye Drop:
- It does the job. My eyes felt relieved after a few days of using this product.
- I found it easy to use.
- It is great for everyday use.
- It is super affordable at £3.79 for a 10ml bottle.
- It is readily available in many stores.
- Contact lenses wearers have to remove the lenses and wait 15 minutes before putting them back in.
- Contents have to be discarded after 30 days from first use.
Overall I recommend the Optrex Soothing Eye Drops because it worked for me and it is super affordable too. The Optrex Actimist 2-in-1 Eye Spray did not meet my expectations at all so I do not recommend it but if you have mild eye irritation and you want some form of relief you could use on the go quickly without smudging your makeup or taking off your contact lenses, then this is the product for you.
Have you ever tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Do you suffer from Hay Fever?