The autumn/winter season is here again, and that means we got our coats, jumpers, scarves, snoods, sweaters and boots out ready to get our layering groove on. This is such a fun season for the fashionistas, as well as for the ‘ordinary people’ like us. I look forward to this season because I find the layering trend very stylish and comfortable. The colours of the season are some of my favourites as well, so I am loving the pieces and accessories in stores at the moment. It did take me a while to get a hang of it, but once I understood how it worked, I now enjoy dressing up during the cold months.
I love my Boots especially, I have been building my collection, and I have quite a few now; the one above, Suri Long Boot is a new addition from Lunar shoes. I love the suede look, and the small heel makes it very practical. You will be seeing more of this beauty in an outfit post, so keep your eyes peeled.
I find Boots very versatile, they make dresses and skirts wearable during the cold months, and they add a touch of glam to jeans or leggings. Here are 5 tips for you to remember when next you want to rock a pair of boots:
- Wear short skirts or dresses with a stiletto thigh high boots, or flat heel boots with a mini. This looks are more covered, and remember your tights!
- When rocking fuller skirts, make sure the hem of your skirt, falls just over the top of the boots. It looks more pulled together.
- If you do not like to dress up too warm, pair your tall boots with lighter pieces – skirts and dresses. The boots would keep you warm, and you get some wear out of your lighter pieces during the cold season.
- Pair your tall dark boots with the same colour for your jeans or leggings. So if you are wearing a black pair of boots, pair it with a black pair of jeans or leggings. This look makes your legs appear even longer.
- Wear ankle booties with trousers for a more formal look. They slip under the pants quite easily, and appear more formal.
So those are my 5 tips for wearing boots this season. Do you have any tips to add? Drop me a comment, let’s chat.
Happy thanksgiving my American friends. Have a great weekend everyone.
*Suri Long Boot – c/o Lunar shoes.