I am a MAC Cosmetics lover, as you should all know by now, so this review should come as no surprise. I have been using the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for a couple of years on and off, and I can see myself using it for a very long time. This product is a foundation and powder in one, designed to be used dry. It creates a matte, velvety finish by absorbing the skin oils.
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is a one-step powder and foundation that gives your skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte finish with medium-to-full coverage. Its long-wearing, velvety texture allows your skin to breathe. Studio Fix is available in a wide range of colors.
How to use: Apply to skin using a sponge or your desired brush, and blend. You can also blend with your fingertips.
Here are my thoughts:
- It provides great medium-full coverage, leaving my face feeling and looking smooth/flawless, hiding all skin discoloration, and blemishes.
- It stays on for hours, very long-lasting, and because I barely need to top-up so often, I usually have mine for a while.
- There are over 40 shades available so there is a shade for every one. I got mine in NW45, and it suits my skin tone perfectly.
- It is very affordable at £22.
- It is easily accessible. You can grab one in stores at Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, and online as well.
- Although it is a powder and foundation in one, I find that most of the time, I still need to apply a bit of the MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation or a tinted mosituriser, before applying the Studio Fix, depending on the look I am looking to achieve.
Overall, I love the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, and I recommend it to anyone looking for the convenience of having a powder and foundation in one. It is a fantastic product, worth every penny, and I will be buying it again and again. You can watch my vlog here below.
Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts? You can buy this product here.
I am still looking for my perfect foundation. Never tried Mac, but will give it a go soon!
You should. It is amazing.
I do like the idea of having a powder and foundation in one, especially when I am on the go constantly and can just do a quick touch up x
Yea it is so handy xo
It is a good one. This is what I am currently using. I wear foundation with it too. Great review Stellz.
Ah nice to know I am not the only one wearing mine with my foundation. Thanks Moji xo
I never tried Mac foundation. Only there eyes products. I might look out for this. xx
The Studio Fix is amazing xo
Mac products are very good. I have used this very one before but I always use it with my foundation. It is lovely. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for reading Osime xo
This is such a helpful review, I had no idea they had over 40 shades! I’ve never tried Mac before, but I’ve heard so many good things about their products.
Glad you found it helpful. You should try MAC, you may never go back, lol..
I have surprisingly never used any mac products! I find them very expensive but when I start saving up a bit more I’d love to try them out some more!
They can be quite pricey but they are worth it.
I’ve never tried this as I don’t use powder but it’s definitely something I’d be looking at adding to my makeup routine x
It is a great product Rhian xo
I’ve never tried MAC foundation – sounds like a great fit for you, maybe worth a try!
I love MAC and I’ve been wondering whether I should get this actually! Great review, thank you. I’ll definitely ask the makeup artist for more advice next time I visit the MAC counter
Thanks for reading Mel x
I haven’t tried it yet but now I will, with your recommendation. Sounds like a fantastic product.
It is amazing Cara..
I’ve heard quite a few good things about this! Unfortunately I’ve never found a shade that works for me which is a bit of a pain. Sounds amazing though!
It is Jess x