This is Clinique Creamy Nude Lipstick is my very first Clinique Lipstick and also my very first nude lipstick. I got this lipstick sample from a Tanya Blur Glamour Magazine November 2015, and I must say I am very happy I got to try a nude lipstick for free and tell you all about it.
I love seeing nude lipsticks on ladies. I think it is a pretty lip colour but I never had the balls to try it. I always thought it would look weird on me because of my skin tone and I was so right. Before I dive into the review, here is what Clinique has to say about their ‘Pop Lip’ Lipstick range.
Luxurious yet weightless formula merges bold, saturated colour with a smoothing primer. Glides on effortlessly to a modern-velvet finish. Colour stays true, keeps lips comfortably moisturized for 8 hours. Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free.
Here are my thoughts on this lipstick:
- I love the packaging a lot. I looks so pretty.
- I like the fact that it is a lipstick and a primer in 1.
- It moisturises my dry lips perfectly.
- I like the smooth texture.
- It is readily available in Debenhams, House of Fraser, Boots stores and many other stores for about £16.
- I don’t like the colour on me at all. It is a pinky nude and it doesn’t suit me.
- It is not long-lasting. Wears off pretty quickly.
Overall, I am not impressed with this lipstick at all. The shade is not for me. It gives me the ‘washed out’ look. I am also not happy with the staying power of the lipstick. It does not stay on long at all. I am happy I got to try this for free before buying as I have always wanted to try a nude lippie. There are many more colours in the Clinique Pop Lip Lipstick range, and a few of them do look nice. The Berry Pop, Passion Pop and the Cherry Pop look right up my street. Debenhams stocks the whole range, so may give them a go some day.
What do you think of this Clinique Nude Pop Lipstick & Primer? Have you tried any lipstick from Clinique’s Pop Lip range?