Spring is here and it is finally time for a proper spring cleaning. Most people start with the upstairs floors and work their way down. They leave the kitchen for last. Although this approach is the proper thing to do, it is likely that you would have lost the energy and desire to clean the kitchen by the time you have finished cleaning all other rooms.
Here are a few top tips for a clean kitchen that could save you time and achieve optimum result.
Ask any cleaner who use the Helpling platform and they will tell you that the kitchen should be the cleanest spot in the house. Follow these tips and you will always have a spotless kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- Exclude the kitchen from your spring cleaning routine but make sure you will clean it every week.
- Draft a list with what it is that needs to be cleaned and write next to it how often it is supposed to be cleaned. The oven, fridge and freezer are typical examples that do not have to be cleaned every week.
- Place cleaning material and clothes in a prominent place and encourage everybody in the house to clean up any dirt they see, immediately.
- Do you have small children? Reward them for participating in cleaning. Kids are the biggest culprits to leave dirty spots. Encourage them to clean it up immediately or even to participate in your cleaning routine. While you focus on the overhead cupboards, they can do the ones below the sink.
- Reward yourself once you are done cleaning. The thought itself should stimulate doing the job properly and quickly.
- Revisit your cupboard and establish what you can do to improve packing your groceries away in such way that it won’t dirt your cupboards.
- Remove or replaced any damaged parts in the kitchen. Broken tiles or hinges are frustrating but they also contribute to the built up of germs and dirt in the area.
- Reconsider the rules for the kitchen. Write it down how you expect people to behave in the kitchen and place those rules somewhere where everybody can see them. The door of the fridge would be a perfect spot.
- Make a point that any dirt or dishes should be cleaned immediately. The moment you ignore this rule, people will no longer respect the need for a clean kitchen and won’t bother anymore to contribute.
- Re-consider your cooking habits. Is your kitchen always dirty? Have you ever thought about changing the way you cook?
A clean kitchen is important in many ways. These hacks will hopefully help you achieving that.
Do you have any tips for maintaining a clean kitchen? Please share them.